For my most recent scholarly activity, check out my vita.
A selection of my recent press clippings.
- "The Visionary: In Appreciation of Steve Jobs" Boulder Daily Camera (October 7, 2011)
- "Giving Consumers What They Want–And Then Some" Fox News University (June 21, 2010)
- "Millennials: Generation Misunderstood" UTNE Reader (Aug. 8, 2009)
- "The Fate of Journalism:
Excursions Into the Short Future of Print Publications," The Occidental Weekly (Feb. 8, 2009)
- "The Future of Journalism in a Post-Rocky Age," Face the State (Feb. 8, 2009)
- "Newspaper Industry Facing Huge Challenges," The Glenwood Springs Post Independent (Jan. 5, 2009).
- "'Tweeting' to the finish line: Social media playing bigger role in Bolder Boulder." Boulder Daily Camera (MAy 25, 2010)
Proposals and Presentations
and Technology, a powerpoint presentation on America's social
construction of privacy and the impact of technology on it.
(or download the offline
Currently, I have only converted a few of my papers for online
display (most from graduate school):
Science Fiction: a Framework to Discuss
Genetic Human Rights?, a proposal to use science fiction
works as genetic human rights discourse.
Allende, Pinochet and the Chilean
Press, an analysis of the various form of press control
in Chile's troubled political history,
Banning Orders in South Africa
During Apartheid, 1950-1990, a review and discussion of
a rather unique system of press censorship.
Portals: Customer Service
or Unethical Behavior?, a review of the ethical tensions
faced by online news portals
PROPOSAL: A Historical investigation
into the Social Status of the Neomexicano Culture in New Mexico,
1834-1850, a research proposal for socio-historic research.
Like Father, Like Son?, a
content comparison of the verbal speeches delivered by George
Herbert Walker Bush (1992) and George Walker Bush (2000).
Faceless Institutions in Conrad's
Heart of Darkness, an essay on the collective othering
of institutions under literary scrutiny.